Hey, Morty here again. I’m sure you’ve all (all 2 of you?) been anxiously waiting for more of Lee-Ann and Micheles adventures. Unfortunately the Hilton in Berkeley doesn’t have in room internet (but they do give out delicious warm cookies when you check in), so there hasn’t really been time to update.
The Thursday morning in Santa Rosa we went to the Charles Schulz museum. It was a cute place. I’ve included a picture of all of us with Charlie Brown’s sister Sally. Then we drove down to Berkeley. Lee-Ann presented her poster that night at the conference. Slink and I stayed in the room, we’re not too interested in all that science. Afterward the two of us watched on with keen interest as Lee-Ann and Michele dressed in matching three-headed rainbow spewing panda shirts and drank a bottle of wine each. Strange creatures you humans are.
Friday highlight was Alcatraz! It was amazing, such a neat place to visit. I’m sure Lee-Ann and Michele will put tons of pictures of it up on facebook. At one point Slink and I were both behind bars, so we better behave ourselves in Vegas or that’s likely where we’ll end up. Here’s a picture of Slink visiting Lee-Ann. Then we all spend the afternoon/evening drinking and Michele tried out the seafood at 3 different restaurants on Fishermans wharf. We discovered Joes Crab shack, a wonderful place with happy hour deals of $1.50 beer and $2 wine!
Saturday: Went back into San Fran & walked around a lot, to a very crooked street. Fact: San Fran is very hilly. (Luckily Slink and I were carried the whole time!) It was Canucks game day, and I wear my jersey every day (since its the only outfit I have), but Michele wore hers and Lee-Ann wore Micheles other jersey, so Vancouver was well represented in SF! It earned us all some cheers, weird stares, and was good for a conversation starter at the pubs. Went to a couple places to watch the game, and then back to Joes Crab shack for more drinks. The bartender was a Sharks fan, but was a great guy. Somehow the girls tab was $10 for drinking all night, and they got 2 glasses each to take home. I’m not sure if they hired Lee-Ann for part time work or I had too many mojitos the size of my body, but at one point I looked over and saw her wiping the counters down and stacking chairs. This was followed by more random drinking and pizza and arriving back at 4:30.
Sunday we went to Alamo square and had a picnic lunch, Full House style. Here’s a picture of me there! Then we went and drove over the golden gate bridge. Then we took another long drive down California, and Slink and I got to enjoy our first ever camping trip! We camped in Ventura, California. Also enjoyed my first ever 24oz can of BudLight Lime. It poured rain in the middle of the night, but other than that it was good, and we were all glad to use our camping gear finally!
Monday we drove down the scenic route along the coast from Ventura to LA and on to Anaheim. The drive was brought to you by the letter C, for Cops. Michele got a speeding ticket in Malibu. The limit changed around a corner right before a hill and a stoplight. Rather than ride the breaks, Michele just coasted down the hill and stopped at the light. The cop did not like this, nor did he like the fact that she informed him she’d been driving practically below the limit the entire time down the coast, and one of his fellow police men had gone past me a few minutes before. But it makes for a good story, (and sad faced Michele photo op!). Plus, if Michele wants to go to court and plead not guilt, we can come back for a Malibu vacation in August! Hmm... We finally made it to LA, and drove around some fancy housed areas. While driving thru Hollywood, a cop pulled up beside us on his motorbike (riding between two lanes of traffic) and asked us where we were going. He was just friendly and wanted to chat I suppose. Eventually Michele and Lee-Ann made their way to CBS studios and got to see a taping of the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson! They left Slink and I in the car, but from what they told us it was really fun. If anyone wants to check them out (you can see them in the audience, far right second row, Michele in a purple dress, Lee-Ann in a black and white dress), the show airs Friday night. Check your local listings. You can be a couple degrees away from Kevin Bacon. After that we all drove down to Anaheim.
Yesterday we went to Disneyland! It was so fun! It was Lee-Ann, Slink, and I’s first time. We went on lots of rides. Some were scary, especially on Splash Mountain when Lee-Ann and Michele held Slink and I up in the air! And we watched a great parade, I saw Mickey Mouse! The fireworks at the end of the night were amazing too. Here are pics of Michele and I with our buttons (mine says I’m celebrating (hopefully soon I'm celebrating a canucks stanley cup), Michele’s is for graduating) and also a pic of Michele and Lee-Ann on space mountain, one of their favourite rides. The girls snuck slink and me on, since we don’t exactly meet the height requirements.
Today we are heading to the beach to work on our tan (can moose and bears tan? If so I will probably have some intense tan lines from this jersey) and then we are off to Vegas! Our hotel doesn’t have free internet there, so I probably won’t blog anymore for the rest of the trip. Probably for the best, I’ve heard something about what happens in vegas stays in vegas.
No comments:
Post a Comment