Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Greetings from the land of cheap booze



Roadtrip is well underway! Yesterday we went over to Victoria, BC. Had delicious noodlebox for lunch and walked around in the sunshine. This is Mortimer (Morty for short) in front of the parliament buildings. I adopted him and he's now accompanying us on the trip. You can look forward to many more photos featuring his adventures.

Spent the evening drinking at UVIC and then drinking downtown at big bad johns, the best pub in victoria if you like country music, free peanuts, and leaving your bra on the wall. I accidentally drunk pocket dialed my mom, which I discovered when I heard someone yelling at me from inside my purse. Also got to spend some time with old travel buddies Sean and Magda. An amazing, amazing first night to our trip!

Today we ferried from Vic to Port Angeles, Washington. Had a beautiful drive down the coast. Went to Forks, which is apparently where twilight is set. Lee-Ann was really really happy! I'm impartial to team edward or jacob, but apparently we saw their highschool and bellas house, if that means anything to you. We also ate at a horrible diner where the highlight was eavesdropping on the locals gossip on husband issues.

Spending tonight in Portland. Weren't here too long but it seems like a really nice city. Went to Bridgeport brewery. Here's me with my 8 beer sampler. Some of them were more delicious than others, but I chugged them back in my usual Michelebratory fashion. We also each got a 6 pack to take with us, for $7.50! Then we went to Safeway to get snacks and they were having a wine sale. $4 for a bottle of wine. God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment