Thursday, June 2, 2011

Fact: 11.5 hours is a long time to sit in a car.




Hi everyone, Morty here. Michele is letting me do a guest post. Hopefully it's ok, it's sorta hard to type with moose hands. First I'd like to introduce my travel buddy: Slink! He's a black bear that Lee-Ann adopted the same day Michele adopted me. We've instantly become best friends; here we are with another animal friend in Victoria, and I've also added a pic of him and Lee-Ann on the beautiful coast of Washington.


Anyway, where were we....yesterday we woke up in Portland, Oregon (Slink and I were a bit hungover, not Michele and Lee-Ann tho, those two drink like champs.) We headed out down the I-5 South and spent the next 11.5 hours in the car. It rained a lot. When we Crossed the California border it was about 4 degrees and hailing. Here's a picture of me enjoying (not so) sunny California! The last bit of our drive we drove down curvy roads that cut back and forth for a long long time, it was pretty intense.

Our hotel in Santa Rosa is not the classiest joint...I think the microwave is older than Lee-Ann and Michele, and the bathroom light is turned on via a timer. Lee-Ann and Michele got dinner from the hotel convenience store, since we got in so late. I don't think drinkable soup, chips, and cherry coke is what they were envisioning for their dinner in Wine Country....

I should go, Michele and Lee-Ann are taking Slink and I to a museum, something about a Snoopy fellow. Then we're off to Berkeley! I can't wait!

P.S. Tell Michele and Lee-Ann you enjoyed my post, maybe Slink and I can be regular bloggers for them!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your post Morty. Hope you're now enjoying the sunshine and taking good care of your travelling buddies <3

    ReplyDelete